Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting solution pertains to hoarding and/or sharing given content on a server administered by a website hosting provider. There are different classes of hosting services used for various aims, so let's examine these. Doing so, you can determine what you need, based on whether you wish to own a blog, email aliases, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service distributed by some hosts, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file hosting plans are often supported by displaying adverts by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given interval of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly improper explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would share the workload between separate hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some distributors offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share an immense amount of pictures with pals or associates since the service is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to tackling your e-mails. Some suppliers offer web hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you would like to have an email address with your domain name but do not wish to own a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create email accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your website hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to have as many video clips as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to own a site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mail aliases, upload video files, and so on. At Linux Hosts Inc., for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for specific web content exclusively.